Sunday, April 24, 2011

717 Trading Durian Stall

Address: 22 Yio Chu Kang Rd, Highland Centre #01- 01, Singapore 545535
Tel No: 64872777
Opening Hours: We went at 830pm. by 10pm, the durians were running out.
Type of Place: Roadside Durian Stall
Recommended Attire: No restrictions
Type of Cuisine: Not applicable
Average price spent per pax: $30

Who went with me: Myself, Adrian, Isaac, Jeff's family including Doris, Jed & Jadyn, Daniel's family including Rachel and Thad.
Rating (out of 5) –

Food quality: 4.5
Service quality: 4.5
Ambience: 4.5
~
1  = Poor
2 = Below Average
3 = Average
4 = Good
5 = Excellent
We parked at Highland Centre's basement carpark.
They have their cakerie there too, and they sell fresh coconut drinks, durian puddings, durian-related food stuffs etc :)

There was a steady flow of human traffic at the durian stall, which stood out amongst a quiet street.
Their stall front, very bright, clean and well-kept.

Doris & Rachel had a bag of these. Doris was not feeling well so durians was out, while Rachel preferred mangosteens :) Verdict - Sweet! No complaints! The two ladies were yakking away to their hearts' content ahahha.

Ah ha, here are the D24s! It was excellent table service, by the boss himself, Mr Goh. He was friendly, down-to-earth and perspiring a lot. It was a humid night :)

Check out the thick flesh that filled up the whole shell. I love this colour, coz it often means that it's more bitter than sweeet! :D

If I'm this durian, I'll be very proud of myself.

Thad enjoying himself thoroughly. He seems to be quite an expert in eating durians.

Adrian and Jeff. We are becoming good friends, coz we meet so often for Feilouship review sessions wahahaha.

Pardon the colour.. The lighting and background wasn't very favourable and my editing skills are super amateur! But just check out the size, and the layers and layers of flesh.

another angle. I had problems trying to hold it in position. haha.
The D24s were fabulous. Thick, satisfying and can i add - nearly as good as sex!
Here's Mr Goh!! He's so nice!
See the crowds.. non-stop can!

Toppled Esplanade xD

We started on Mao Shan Wang after the D24s. Apparently the durian lovers will know that one has to eat the D24 first and the MSW last. If we eat it the other way round, we will not taste the full flavour of MSW.
Okay.........

As you can see, MSW's seeds are much smaller, but the flavour is very different from D24. It has a stronger burst of taste! My personal opinion - I prefer the D24 to MSW. D24 costs $10 per kg and MSW cost $16 per kg. We ate 8.5kg of D24 and about 4kg of NSW.
I prefer D24's thick flesh that filled up my mouth entirely, very satisfying wahaha. Okay I am starting to sound a bit 'off'!!!!
Isaac's a regular there and here are his comments on 717..
~
"...they are honest and nice people. I go very often and although expensive had always found the quality of durians n service to be much better than many places. The only place I would say rival 717 trading is this small little durian stall at Dempsey road. My own take on the durians were good but not the best I had there. On a scale of 1-10, I'll give it a 7.5."
~
Adrian gave his comments too. he also preferred the D24, coz they were really fantastic value for money!
Daniel said the durians were okay, but the 'feilouship' was priceless! I agree too :) Food does bring people together!
Will I go back again? Actually, 1 week later, Adrian and I went back AGAIN and dabao-ed 2 packets of D24. Standard is as good!!!!! Yes we are going back there again, whenever we feel like having durian xD

0 comments:

Post a Comment