Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Earle Swensen's @ Changi Airport Terminal 3



Their Facebook page can be found here.

Here's the salad bar picture found on their Facebook page. Perhaps this is from the other branch, because the airport branch doesn't look like that i.e. the bowls are not tubs as you see in the picture. The dishes are all in white bowls that make the food look quite little.
~
Their official website can be found here. Not much details, just the menus.
~

Address: Changi Airport Terminal 3, Viewing Mall Central, Level 4
Tel No: 6443 7123
Opening Hours: 1030am to 1030pm Daily
Type of Place: Casual Dining
Recommended Attire: No restrictions
Type of Cuisine: Western
Average price spent per pax: $15

Who went with me: Myself with a few colleagues
Rating (out of 5) –
Food quality: 3.5
Service quality: 3.5
Ambience: 3.5
~
1  = Poor
2 = Below Average
3 = Average
4 = Good
5 = Excellent
~
I had only the salad bar buffet which costs $11.30 before the pluses. I was hoping for some Ponderosa lookalike, but I was greatly disappointed as the salad bar was probably only half the length of the old Ponderosa salad bar. Another 2 boohoos were that they don't serve wild rocket and blue cheese dressing!! Only a few varieties of lettuce and the very usual dressings. :S
~
There were also some cooked appetizers that went along with the raw vegetables. I liked the sauteed mushrooms and the spicy tau gua, which added much flavour to the meal. Oh the alfafa sprouts were wonderful too!! I had lots of that! I could just have that all day long haha. Their leaves are crunchy and fresh, thats the most important for salad lovers!
~
There were also stuff like chips and deep fried wanton skins, my colleague had a lot of that while I touched none of it, coz its CARBO. heh.
~
Overall, the food was okay for me as I am someone who likes to eat a lot of the same food (provided that they are nice lar). So I had 3 big bowls of salad with mostly the same variety, and i was greatly satisfied. Value for money too, 3 big bowls of salad for just $15!
~
Service was good, staff knew what they were doing. Only thing I noticed.. their uniforms were un-ironed and they looked quite messy! Ambience was nice, airport is always a nice place to be at :)
~
Will I go back? YES!!! For someone like me who doesn't eat carbs, this is a great hangout :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment